Saturday, March 7, 2015

We Are One Body In Christ

My friends haven't been the same since their experience with God at the retreat. I've had so much fun enjoying the Lord with them. It has been a great experience!

I just love to be with teenagers or young adults that truly love God <3

We even started a group in Whatsapp and Kik to pray for each other and to talk about our wonderful God. In Whatsapp one of my friends sent these bible verses...

"The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So it is with the body of Christ. some of us are Jews, some are Gentiles, some are slaves, and some are free. But we have all been baptized into one body by one Spirit, and we all share the same Spirit.

Yes, the body has many different parts, not just one part.

But our bodies have many parts, and God has put each part just where he wants it. How strange a body would be if it had one part! Yes, there are many parts, but only one body.

In fact, some parts of the body that seem the weakest and the least important are actually the most necessary.

This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other. If one part suffers, all the part suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad.

All of you together are Christ's body, and each of you is a part of it."
(1 Corinthians 12:12-14, 18-20, 22, 25-27 NLT)

When I finished reading it, I told my dad I wanted to experience that. I mean, my friends from the retreat and I to actually experience that. To live being One in Christ!

Later that day at school (where my friends go to and my parents work at), one of the teachers said that one of the students she once taught to, died in a motorcycle accident. We all listened quietly and after she finished... a couple of the students went up to her and hugged her.

No one told them to hug her, but they did. Why?

We already read the answer... 

"....so that all the members care for each other. If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it,"

I saw it with my own eyes. We are acting as One Body and I didn't even notice it.

In the afternoon one of my friends dropped her nail polish at school and it broke. It spread on the floor (it kinda looked like art. ha, ha). She quickly ran to get some paper towel and wipes to clean it up before it dried up. Once she got back to clean it up, most of the girls that were there (including me) started helping her.

No one told us to do it. We just wanted to help.

In the picture we already cleaned most of it. 
I'm the one on the upper right hand corner.

A couple of minutes later, I told my dad what happened and he pointed out that I just saw the body of Christ working as One.

There we go Again!!! How did I miss it? 

I said that I wanted to get to see the body of Christ working as One and I did!!! 

I saw it. 

I lived it!

....And I keep living it!


No comments:

Post a Comment