Monday, October 6, 2014

What Do I See When I Look In The Mirror?



When I look in the mirror, I definitely don't see what God sees.


    Sometimes when I look myself in the mirror, I see flaws and imperfections. I either see a hair out of place or a pimple or I may even see how fat I look. Of course, that's not all the time. Other times, I see a beautiful person. You know, those days when you get all dressed up and you just have to take a picture of yourself to post it on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter so you can receive others approval (also known as "likes").

I wish I could look in the mirror and see myself the same way God sees me. But the truth is... most of us just go to the mirror to see what's wrong with us. 

I asked a couple of people around me, "What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you see yourself in the mirror?"

This is what some of them said....

"I'm ugly."

"I could look better."

"I don't fit in."

"My eyes look amazing."

"I'm beautiful."

"Jesus."

    Everyone has a different answer. Everyone has a different perspective about how they look. If I asked you that same question, What would you say? Why do you look in the mirror? Is it to see how beautiful you are? Or is it to see whats wrong with you and criticize yourself?

I think the most important question is, How does God see you? 

Here is the answer...

"You are fearfully and wonderfully made. 
You are precious. No one can be compared to you 
because you are unique. You are special. "
(Psalm 139:14-16)

God had a big smile on his face 
when He made you and He keeps 
smiling by just seeing you.
He is totally in love with
you. He Loves You Just
The Way You Are!!

No comments:

Post a Comment