Saturday, August 2, 2014

Distracted In Life?

Honestly I've been trying to think about what I was going to write about today, but I'm so distracted.

My thoughts are distracting me and I think my phone isn't helping either.

It's so hard to think straight when you're thinking of a lot of things at once. Like right now I'm thinking about:
  • What I'm going to tell my best friend tomorrow.
  • Should I go to college?
  • Why is my friend taking so long to answer my kik?
  • What am I really trying to say in this blog post?
  • Why do I keep writing about stuff I'm thinking about?
We easily get distracted with the simplest things and loose focus. Loose focus of what really is important. 

Like Jesus!!

We loose focus on Jesus. We get so distracted with the things in this world, and sometimes we don't stop and just focus our heart and mind on the One Who Is In Us (if you accepted Jesus in your heart). 

    We should always depend on God, but the sad truth is... We don't. We don't depend on God when we brush our teeth or when we walk or even when we eat. Because all our life our parents have been trying to teach us that we should be independent. They taught us how to walk, brush our teeth and eat by ourselves.

    Well, it's time to start learning again, but this time being dependent on God with everything we do. Sure, it's not easy but lets take it step by step. 

Don't let the world distract you. Focus on the One and Only, Jesus Christ/God/the Holy Spirit.



Feel free to comment below, what area of your life you can start being dependent on God?





5 comments:

  1. Another AmaZing post, girl! =) I love reading them so much. In each one, I feel like I can totally relate to it as well. This one really got me, though, too! It is so easy to get distracted & to lose our focus, especially on what & whom it matters most. THANK YOU for sharing & for the reminder and encouragement!!!
    -Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy!! I love it when people enjoy what I write. It keeps me going.

      Delete
  2. You nailed it, Ashley. Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete