Friday, September 19, 2014

Why Can't They Tell Me The Truth?

Something I value so much is honesty. 

    I went through a tough process in a point of my life. I had trusted the wrong people. Those "friends" lied to me and betrayed me. "Their mouths are full of lies; they swear to tell the truth, but they lie instead."(Psalm 144:8) I felt miserable! I thought no one could understand what I was going through and I felt so so dumb! Like, why didn't I notice that they were lying right to my face? It was obvious but I trusted them too much to see it.

Since then, I've learned that I can't trust everyone and that if a person lies even if its a "white lie" he/she can't be trusted.



I used to think... Why is it so hard for them to tell the truth? But then I learned that those who don't have Jesus in their heart can easily lie to someone because they don't have Truth in them.

"Jesus told him,  “I am the way, the truth, and the life. 
No one can come to the Father except through me."(John 14:6)

Jesus = Truth

Asking them to be completely honest is asking them to go against their nature. But those who have Jesus can easily speak the Truth. For the Truth lives in them.

"because the truth lives in us and will be with us forever."(2 John 1:2)




4 comments:

  1. Loved it! So true.
    I had never thought of it this way before...
    Glad you're back, Ashley!! :)
    -Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. sup sist this is preaty interesting glad you r a o k
    By: Eric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, nice to hear from you. Hope you're ok too. God bless!!

      Delete