Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Lose Years Of Life?

God gave us this temple we call "body" and people actually think that if we're overweight we will live longer.

Not!!


I asked 25 people(mostly teens) "Do you think you can lose years of life by being overweight?"

18 answered - Yes
5 answered - I don't know
2 answered - No


Think about it... If God planned that you will live (for example) 75 years. It doesn't matter what you do during that time lapse. You will live on earth the amount of time God planned for your life.

You get it? Good!

Now wait a moment!

That doesn't mean you can eat 5 pounds of ice cream and 10 hamburgers before you got to sleep and delicious krispy kreme donuts on the side(mmmmmm.. soo yummy).

    The question is... "how are you going to live those years?". Sure, you can go crazy and eat all you want. It won't change the amount of years you'll live, but do you really wanna live your years not being able to play catch with your kids or grandson/granddaughter because you can barely move? Or even get too sick because you didn't take care of your body when you were young? Of course not!





   I used to weigh 163 pounds and now I weigh 133. I'm still kinda overweight and I'm working on it. Believe me, it's not easy! I'm the kind of person that can gain a pound by just eating a slice of pizza. While my brother can eat a whole box of pizza and still stay the same weight. That kinda seems unfair to me, but thats my life. God is helping me get into shape by giving me motivation and being my strength. Again, it's not easy, but it's worth it!

Don't live a healthy lifestyle to gain more years of life cause that's not going to happen. Live a healthy lifestyle so you can feel good about yourself and enjoy the years God gave you on this earth.


2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! I like it. It's good to see your thoughts on these topics. I understand what you're saying and it's a good way of seeing it. Life should be enjoyed, without getting so concerned about every single thing all the time. One last thing.. I love pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was really trying to keep it simple so people can get the point of what I was saying.

      ...and yesss!! I love pizza too!!

      Delete