Monday, August 4, 2014

Am I Listening In My Life?

People sometimes talk too much and they don't take the time to listen.

I love talking with my best friend(no, not the same person I talked about in "Can You Trust Somebody With Your Life" by the way). She really listens, well when her mind doesn't wonder off ;) .

    The thing I really like about talking with my best friend, when I'm just mad or sad and want to get something off my chest, is that she doesn't say Anything! Honestly, it's because she doesn't know what to say, but when I just want to get something off my chest, I don't need a response, I just need her to listen and be there for me.

    We need more listeners! God is a great listener. He is so great in listening, that sometimes people even doubt that He is listening because He usually doesn't respond in That Moment. He does respond eventually, but while you wait you need to stand still and Listen to His response. Just keep quiet and listen to the world around you because God speaks in many ways.

    You can start by taking a moment each day and just be in complete silence. Focus on Jesus, try to listen. Sure, maybe you won't hear anything at first. But, it's like talking... People taught us how to talk and it took some time to get the hang of it. Now, we're going to learn how to listen, so it's going to take some time too.

Be Patient, It's Worth It!

Be Still And Listen.

1 comment:

  1. Soo good! ;) This one definitely convicted me. I think sometimes we listen, too, but not really to what we want to hear or need to hear. Other times we "listen," but only to respond, not to perceive what someone is really saying. I don't know if that makes sense?
    Soo, sooo good! Thanks again, girl! So on point. =)
    -Rachelle

    ReplyDelete