Saturday, August 9, 2014

Am I Really Happy In My Life?

These past months I don't feel completely happy, like something's missing.

Yes, God is my everything. Yes, I have a great family. Yes, I have friends that love me.

So, why don't I feel as happy as I should be? 

I have happy moments, but then it passes and I'm back to feeling like blah. Shouldn't having God make me happy? Why aren't I happy? What's missing?

    Today I took a hip hop class and it's been like a year since I took a class because of something that happened with my knee. I felt so nervous coming back to class. Most of the people there don't know me. Only some just recognize me but don't actually know who I am.

    Anyways, class started and when I learned the choreography I felt so amazing like "I got this!" It just feels amazing to do something you love. Sure, sometimes I messed up but I kept practicing the choreography. When I danced I wasn't thinking so much on what step was coming next, I just tried to go with the music.

A glimpse of my hip hop class. I'm the one with the ponytail and the military pants...




    Well, when class was over, I went out to eat with my family. I felt tired and again felt like blah and I sometimes thought to myself... "I just came out of a class doing what I really love and now I feel like blah? Maybe it's because I'm tired." But was that really the reason?

It's frustrating wanting to live a happy life, especially now that I'm only 20 years old, but time just passes by and nothing changes. I feel the same way almost everyday. I am not completely happy!

3 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm soo happy for you, girl!! Glad you could get into hip-hop again! I didn't know about your injury. I'm so sorry.

    It makes so much sense! I know that feeling, too! Sometimes I think we're not truly happy because we know this earth is not our real home & so we can never be truly happy here. <3 We long for our 'eternal' home with Him, & we will never be complete until we are there with Him.
    “If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.”
    ― C.S. Lewis

    Love reading the things you post. Always so encouraged by them. Thanks, girl! :)
    -Rachelle
    P.s. You're an amazing dancer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That really makes sense. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Aw, Anytime, friend! Thinking of you & hope you have a wonderful day! Always look forward to your blog.
    -Rachelle

    ReplyDelete